Hut12 Acceptable Use Policy
Welcome to Hut 12!
Using Hut 12 responsibly
In addition to your Organisation’s policies, we’ve also created the following rules to help ensure responsible use of our services.
When accessing the Hut 12 API, you must comply with our Hut 12 Platform Policy. When using Hut 12, you must not:
· Hide your identity, impersonate anyone else or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
· Engage in any activity that exploits, harms or threatens to harm children.
· Create or display content that is illegal, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive or defamatory, or that promotes or encourages violence, violation of laws, self-mutilation, eating disorders or drug abuse.
· Violate laws or infringe the rights of Hut 12 or any third party.
· Interfere with the normal functioning of Hut 12 or anyone else’s use of Hut 12.
· Access Hut 12 or related content or information through means that are not authorised by Hut 12 (including through scraping or crawling); circumvent access controls; or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorised access to Hut 12 or related systems, passwords or accounts.
· Share admin access tokens with or grant similar app access permissions to any third party that is not expressly approved by Hut 12. When you decide to grant such admin access, either via token or app permission, to an approved third party, you may allow the third party access to your data or content only to the extent necessary for the purpose approved by Hut 12 and consistent with your instructions. We reserve the right to limit such third-party access (e.g. by resetting the access token or removing the app permission) at any time if we believe that such access has been or will be misused.
· Upload viruses, malware or other malicious code, or do anything that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Hut 12 or related systems (such as a denial-of-service attack or interference with page rendering or other Hut 12 functionality).
Please also note that Hut 12 is not directed to children aged less than 13, so if you are less than 13 years of age, you are not permitted to access or use the service.
Our responsibilities and your feedback
Hut 12 may deploy automated technologies to detect child pornography, other illegal or abusive material or any material that we reasonably believe may harm Hut 12, users or third parties.
We may (but have no obligation to) remove or limit access to any of your data or content if we believe that it violates this Acceptable Use Policy, Hut 12’s Terms & Conditions of Use or applicable laws or regulations. Hut 12 will provide you or your Organisation with reasonable notice of such action, unless prohibited by law.
We welcome all feedback about Hut 12, but please note that we may use your comments or suggestions without any obligation or compensation to you.
Effective date: 1 December 2018