Hut12 Platform Policy
Hut 12 gives people tools to make them more effective and connected at work. By accessing the Hut 12 API, you agree to the below policies:
1. Accessing, Processing, Storing, and Securing Hut 12 Customer Data
1. Don’t use any alternative means or technology to access Hut 12 (or related data or content) other than the Hut 12 APIs or as expressly authorized by Hut 12 in writing.
2. Don’t use email, phone numbers, or any other contact information obtained from Hut 12 APIs for communication on another channel (example: mailing lists).
1. Don’t transfer any data, including app secrets and access tokens, you obtain through the Hut 12 API, either in aggregated or individualized form, to any third party (ex: ad provider, ad network, data broker, or another developer).
2. Don’t make content visible to anyone other than the people who would be able to see that content within the Hut 12 interface (ex: the members of a group, recipients of a message, or the system administrator).
3. Don’t create cross-user benchmarks or comparisons.
4. Securing Customer Data. You must implement reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures in accordance with the best industry practices to ensure the protection of Customer data and any API access tokens you obtain against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction.
5. If you cache data you receive from a user, use it to improve that User’s user experience and keep it up to date.
6. Don’t proxy, request or collect Hut 12 usernames or passwords.
7. Don’t sell, license, or purchase any data obtained from us or our services.
8. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you must ensure they agree to comply with these policies.
2. Data Separation and Aggregation
1. Don’t make data obtained from one Hut 12 User available to another Hut 12 User, unless the users already have access permissions on the Hut 12 platform.
2. You must not aggregate data from multiple Hut 12 users together (ex: to create cross-Customer benchmarks or comparisons).
3. Termination of Service by You, Us, or a Hut 12 User
1. If you decide to no longer offer your Developer Services to Hut 12 Users, you must immediately delete any access tokens you have obtained, and delete any Customer Data you obtained through the Hut 12 API within 30 days.
2. If a Hut 12 Customer disables your App or revokes your access tokens, you must delete any User Data you obtained from the Hut 12 API within 30 days.
3. If a Hut 12 User asks you to delete any data obtained via the Hut 12 API, you must do so within 30 days.
4. If Hut 12 decides to terminate your App, you must remove any Customer Data you obtained via the Hut 12 API on behalf of any Hut 12 Customer within 30 days.
5. You may retain data obtained from us if you are required to keep it by law, regulation, or a separate agreement with Hut 12 and your Customer.
6. Obtain consent from people before you give us information that you independently collected from them.
7. Provide meaningful customer support for your app, and make it easy for Customers to contact you.
8. Upon our request, you must promptly provide us with a written confirmation that you have complied with your obligations to delete data under Section 3 of these policies.
4. Distribution and Advertisements
1. You may publicize your App and/or Developer Services and how it can benefit Hut 12 Customers.
2. Don’t create a directory or aggregation of Apps or Developer Services that integrate with Hut 12 other than of your own Apps or Developer Services.
3. You may place advertisements on, in or around your own App user interface, but:
1. Don’t include advertising in any of the ways in which your App or Developer Services appears within the Hut 12 website or applications (ex: app icons, app screenshots, link attachments or URLs).
2. Don’t include any data you obtained via the Hut 12 API in advertisements.
3. Don’t use any data you obtained via the Hut 12 API (aggregated or otherwise) to target advertisements.
5. Build a Quality Product
1. Build an app that is stable and easily navigable.
2. Follow any instructions we include in our technical documentation.
3. Request only the permissions necessary to improve your User’s Hut 12 experience.
4. Don’t provide or promote content that infringes upon the rights of any third party.
5. Don’t include another brand’s name in the title of your integration unless your integration serves as a connector to that brand.
6. Use message templates and quick replies in chat wherever possible (i.e., don’t ask the user for structured text inputs unless necessary).
7. Ensure a quality experience if your integration fails (ex: if a user enters the wrong text input, acknowledge this and enable the user to try again).
8. Ensure your integration acknowledges through a comment reply when an action is performed successfully.
9. Ensure your integration has a clear and helpful response to a “Help” message or command.
10. Integrations that enable people to create a new entry in another app must link to the new entry after it is created.
6. Give Customers Control
1. Obtain consent from people before publishing content on their behalf.
2. Don’t build content creation flows (ex: comments or posts) using impersonate tokens.
3. Don’t message or tag the Users (ex: to let each user know the integration is now available), except you may offer this feature for admins of your integration.
4. Don’t modify content on behalf of people without their consent.
7. Policy Updates and Other Notes
1. Updates to the Policies. We may change these terms at any time without prior notice. Please check them regularly. Your continued use of or access to Hut 12’s Platform and/or APIs constitutes acceptance of those changes.
2. We don’t guarantee that Hut 12 Platform will always be free.
3. We can analyze your app, website, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial.
4. We can create apps or products that offer features and services similar to your app.
5. Don’t sell, transfer or sublicense our code, APIs, or tools to anyone.
6. Don’t copy, frame or display any elements of Hut 12 through your App or use the Hut 12 API with applications that replicate core Hut 12 features or functionality.
7. Don’t publicly disseminate performance information or analysis (including uptime, response time and/or benchmarks) relating to the Hut 12 APIs or Hut 12.
8. Add something unique to the community. Don’t replicate core functionality that Hut 12 already provides.
9. Respect the way that Hut 12 looks and functions. Don’t offer experiences that change it.
10. Respect the limits we’ve placed on Hut 12 functionality.
11. Don’t build an app whose primary purpose is to direct people off Hut 12.
12. If you want to use our logos or brand, you must obtain written consent from Hub 12.
13. Be honest about your relationship with Hut 12 when talking to the press or users. Get approval from us before issuing any formal press release or blog post mentioning Hut 12 or Hut 12. We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
14. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
15. We may share your content information with people who want to contact you.
16. We may use your name, logos, content, and information, including screenshots and video captures of your app, to demonstrate or feature your use of Hut 12, worldwide and royalty-free.
17. We and our Hut 12 Users have the right to request, and if so you will provide sufficient information (ex: security documentation) to help ensure that you are adhering to these policies.
18. We may remove your app if we conclude that it violates our terms or policies or is negatively impacting the Hut 12 Platform. We may or may not notify you in advance.
19. We communicate with developers through Developer Alerts and email from Hut 12. Ensure that the email address associated with your Hut 12 account and the email address registered to the app are current and that you don’t filter out these messages.
1. “User” means a bona fide Hut 12 customer.
2. “User Data” means any data, content or information in a User’s Hut 12 account that Developer accesses or retrieves using the Hut 12 APIs.
3. “App”means any technical integration we have assigned an app identification number.
4. “Developer Services” means services offered through the App(s) by Developer to a Customer that has requested and approved such services.
5. “Hut 12 API(s)”means the Hut 12 API(s) specified by Hut 12, as may be modified by Hut 12 from time to time. Except where otherwise noted, references to Hut 12 APIs include the API Documentation, any API access keys or related Hut 12 platform elements made available by Hut 12.
6. “Hut 12” means the Hut 12 service generally made available by Hut 12, including any related Hut 12 websites, apps, online services, tools, as may be modified by Hut 12 from time to time.
Effective Date: 1 December 2018