Hut 12 is an online platform that allows users to collaborate and share information. The Hut 12 platform includes the Hut 12 websites, apps and related online services, together the “Service“.
The Service is intended for use by individuals and organisations (“Users”).
Users are responsible for and administer their Hut 12 account (“User Account“). Users are also responsible for the collection and use of any data that they submit or provide through the Service.
I. What kinds of information is collected?
Hut 12 will collect the following kinds of information when you, your colleagues or other Users access the Service:
· your contact information, such as full name and email address;
· your username and password;
· your work title, department information and other information related to your work or Organisation;
· the content, communications and other information you provide when you use the Service, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide (such as metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created;
· content, communications and information that other people provide when they use the Service. This can include information about you, such as when they share or comment on a document, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information;
· all communications with other users of the Service;
· user communications, feedback, suggestions and ideas;
· billing information; and
· information that you provide when you or you or your organisation contact or engage platform support regarding the Service.
II. How does Hub 12 use this information?
Hub 12 will share the information that it collects as provider of the platform, in order to allow Hub 12 to provide and support the Service for Users. Examples include:
· communicating with users and administrators regarding their use of the Service;
· enhancing the security and safety of the Service for Users, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of applicable terms or policies;
· personalising User experiences as part of our provision of the Service;
· developing new tools, products or services within the Service for Users;
· associating activity on the Service across different devices operated by the same individual to improve the overall operation of the Service;
· to identify and fix bugs that may be present; and
· conducting data and system analytics, including research to improve the Service.
III. Disclosure of information
Hut 12 discloses the information collected in the following ways:
· to third-party service providers that assist in providing the Service or part of the Service;
· to third-party apps, websites or other services that you can connect to through the Service;
· in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the transfer of the Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency;
· to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; and
· in connection with a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency.
IV. Accessing and modifying your information
Users may access, correct or delete personal information that has been uploaded to the Service using the tools within the Service (for example, editing profile information).
V. Third-party links and content
The Service may contain links to content maintained by third parties. Users should review the privacy policies of each website that they visit.
VI. Account Closure
Please note that content you create and share on the Service will remain on the Service and be accessible even if your account is deactivated or terminated. In this way, content that you provide on the Service is similar to other types of content created using electronic platforms (such as emails sent to others).
Australian Privacy Principal 2, Clause 2.1 does not apply as it is impractical to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or have used a pseudonym.
GDPR Article 17, clause 3(e) applies to data retained by Hut 12.
Effective Date: 2 December 2018